AboutThis article demonstrates step-by-step instructions for Updating Polycom VoIP Firmware/Software from 3.X.
Step-by-Step InstructionsThe below table will detail the steps required to accomplish your goals:
If your Polycom VoIP Phone is running 3.x, please follow all instructions below. Otherwise, if your Polycom VoIP Phone is running 4.x or higher, then skip to step 5.
- From the embedded UI of the phone, press Menu > Settings > Advanced (default password: 456) > Administration Settings > Network Configuration > Server Menu.
- Navigate to the DHCP Menu and set Boot Server to Static, and BootSrv Type to IP Address
- On UCS 3.x Phones: Main Menu > Settings > Advanced > Admin Settings > Network Configuration > DHCP Menu
- On UCS 4.x or later Phones: Main Menu > Settings > Advanced > Admin Settings > Network Configuration > Provisioning Server > DHCP Menu
- From the Provisioning Server menu set Server Type to HTTP, and Server Address for your phone model as follows:
- SoundPoint IP models: voipt2.polycom.com/4014
- SoundPoint IP Speaker phones: voipt2.polycom.com/4014
- VVX models: voipt2.polycom.com/590
- Exit all menus, save and reboot phone.
- Once phone has completed upgrading, follow the instructions in the How to upgrade Polycom VoIP Phone Firmware Software/